Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2016

Story: Nightwatch Part One

This is the first part of the first story I upload here. I don't know how many parts it will have. I let it write itself.

Nightwatch 


The job of a night watchman is a great job for a student. Its pays decent money and you can do your homework in between your rounds. The biggest plus for me was that I was alone.

My job was to sit around in the surveillance room of the popular 'Friedmans Finest' clothing store and call the cops if anyone broke in and try to steal one of Friedmans finest dresses. Of course nobody ever tried to do that since the 1960s. My shifts were boring to say the least. So boring infact that I decided, I could try to spice things up a bit.

I've always been curious. And if you combine curiousity with too much time and noone around you try odd things.

The mannequin which was placed right at the entrance to the ladies department wore a dress that always caught my eye when I walked past it, doing my rounds. It was long, sleak and shiny white and probably part of the wedding fashion collection. I don't know what it was that caught me. Maybe it was that it didn't have frilly stuff all over it. The dress was one simple, elegant column. It took several nights walking past it for me to even realize that I loved this dress. And it took even more time for me to acknowledge what I wanted to do.

Of course, as a boy I never even thought that I would sometime in the future think what I thought the more often I saw this dress. But inside me a fire began to crackle and burn its way through second thoughts and all reasonability. I wanted to wear this dress.

I don't remember the moment I decided what I wanted to do. I probably didn't want to think about it too much. It certainly wasn't a beam of light shining down on me, ripping through my guts, changing everything I ever thought and done. I didn't stand there mouth open, the torch slipping through my fingers and I didn't start ripping of my square-in-every-way uniform at the sound of the torch crashing on the floor. It was a slowly developing hot burn which formed a small knot in my chest, but I didn't notice it until the night I stood in front of the dress, prepared to take it off the mannequin.

I think I prepared for it very methodically. I knew that I couldn't put my hairy body in this dress, so I knew I had to shave. For the first time in my live I shaved my legs, again without much thinking about it. It was just a thing I had to do. I observed myself shaving like I was an inch removed from my own body. Having smooth skin was a weird but great feeling. Every movement felt different. When I put on my uniform I felt the thin synthetic fabric of the pants. I was surpised that there was a
completely different feel to everything when I walked to 'Friedmans Finest'. It seemed I could feel the soft evening wind inside my legs. My excitement grew.

Anticipation builds up differently in different situations. I didn't realize how much I wanted to wear this dress. I didn't get why my fingers began to tremble like I had a disease. My best guess is, that I didn't want to reflect on what wearing a dress meant for myself as a guy. The circumstances, that I did it in a more or less open space and with property of the Friedman family would have been enough to get shaky knees anyway. So I just prepared for it, shaved and took care of the cameras for the night and at two in the morning went to the second floor and stood infront of the dress, mouth dry and clenched fists, shaking.

2 Kommentare: